Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rough scale python cross x green tree python would be the go. Maybe cross the offspring to a jungle or coastal if possible. sell em $100 a pop.

rough scale python cross x green tree python would be the go.

I take it as a joke but some people are dead serious about such hybrid. What's good about it? The roughy would take the nice green out of the GTP and the GTP would spoil the characters of the roughy. Only Dr. Mengele or Frankelstain would think of such idea. They should be worth $100.- a pop, maybe a bit less. You're right there.

I keep reading net bits here & there about the Melb Zoo history with crosses etc. Yet I have never seen a pic! I am quite serious here & NOT wading into a (as i read it) done topic. Any chance someone could pm me a link to some?

Crossing a roughy with anything would just be plain stupid!!! They are still one of the rarest pythons in the world. And outside of Australia they are probably the rarest of all pythons in collections.

I take it as a joke but some people are dead serious about such hybrid. What's good about it? The roughy would take the nice green out of the GTP and the GTP would spoil the characters of the roughy. Only Dr. Mengele or Frankelstain would think of such idea. They should be worth $100.- a pop, maybe a bit less. You're right there.
You drive a hard bargin.
I keep reading net bits here & there about the Melb Zoo history with crosses etc. Yet I have never seen a pic! I am quite serious here & NOT wading into a (as i read it) done topic. Any chance someone could pm me a link to some?​
The smuggled website somewhere under australian python taxonomy.
CarpetPythons.com.au
Crossing a roughy with anything would just be plain stupid!!! They are still one of the rarest pythons in the world. And outside of Australia they are probably the rarest of all pythons in collections.​
To me crossing a rough scale python with a coastal is no different to crossing two QLD coastals from different locations. They are different to whats in nature and can pollute wild stock.

Where did the post go that Ramsayi posted about mating with Chimps? Come on mods, lets have some fun. Insult is usually the weakest form of retaliation when ones beliefs have been challenged. The article might not have been published yet but it would be more credible than any of the previous studies that have been conducted to assess the taxonomic relationships between the Morelia complex.

albino dungles,lol

whats the benifit of crossing subspecies?????????????

also why breed a trait into reptiles like albinism when its known fact light hurts there eyes,isnt that classed as cruel,doesnt keeping them in dimmly lit enclosures defeat the purpose of there display potential with there coloring,albinos to me are highly over rated,crossing them is a way for someone to make more cash

to me thats harsh on the animals,but each to there own

australia's version of the 'jag' but genetically they are not jags. REDUCED PATTERN MORPHS.

I dont know mate. Didn't know we had super form leucistic whatevers in austraila. Where were they created here or overseas.

Originally from Norway much like the RPM's im guessing ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back