Need advice about my tarantulas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline91

Reaction score
Hey my partner and I are only new to owning champagne tarantulas we have had them for about 6 weeks and we haven't seen them for about 4-5 weeks. They are only spiderlings. We have put crickets in and they have not been touched ( but then one went missing dunno if it was eaten or not, just was gone one morning with no evidence) so we took the other one out and today we have put more in to see if they will eat them or not. We are worried they r dead but we don't get how as it's very moist in there.. Please someone help lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please explain your setup and what species you are keeping in there?

- - - Updated - - -

Also how big is the sling and how big are the crickets?

Last edited:
We have peet in there and we keep it moist, we have champagne tarantulas and the crickets are pin heads and we aren't too sure how told the slings are we just know they are tiny lol.

When we got our tarantula I didn't actually see the critter for months. She is active mostly at night so I reckon yours are fine. As you probably know they only need feeding once or twice a week as slings. I suspect the crickets that disappear are being devoured.

Thanx heaps. Today my partner checked them as we have been leaving them in the cupboard as it's darker to see if they would come out and about an hour later we checked on them and one cricket was gone so very sure it was eaten :) yay. We try and check at night and still miss them lol but very happy with the cricket disappearing today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back