New ferrets :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute!

Nice of you to give it somewhere warm to snuggle ;):lol:

Nice animals, are you going to have them desexed or breed with them?

I never once said are you mating them together, alot of people buy ferrets without being informed about health risks in females when they reach sexual maturity around 6 months of age when they go on heat for the first time, there are some seriouse medical problems that can lead to females dying if not mated,

People who own males should get them desexed if they dont plan to breed with them because they stink :p

Have fun with your new pets

Scorps

did you always plan to get the 2 ash? or was mishka's friend kind of unplanned ;)

Cool critters, weasels are like the goanna of mammals, i was wathcing a show about a pet honey badger today on channel 7, would have to be on the top of my list, does anyone know any breeders?

please tell me how they are as pets???
the only things that cross my mind when i think ferret is stinky, bitey, savage, messy. can you toilet train them? are they very intelligent? do they nip at all (even out of curiosity). i would really love one.. hehe so snuggly looking

please tell me how they are as pets???
the only things that cross my mind when i think ferret is stinky, bitey, savage, messy. can you toilet train them? are they very intelligent? do they nip at all (even out of curiosity). i would really love one.. hehe so snuggly looking

Males do stink, and yes they do nip at a young age but it can be trained out of them, the main reason they nip you is that they are actually playing and it isnt a defenseive behaviour, they nip each other all the time and are just treating you like one of there mates bassically they just dont realise human fingers are alot softer then ferret fur :p

they aren't too smelly, just musky, bitey, sometimes but you can train them not to, hell they are so clean ._., yup, you sure can, and yes they are SO smart. and they nip when you tickle them, but it doesn't hurt at all :) and they are snuggly, when the slinkys SIT STILL!!! lol

my little BEW has a foot fettish as well, she uses it to get your attention if you wont pick her up when she wants. She starts sniffing, then licking, then a gentle nibble just to say "hey you, down here!". If the kids sit on the floor she pulls their socks off so she can lick their toes. I have found nip training very easy, to the point that the kids are happy to play with them and we have had them less than a week. Toilet training was as easy as putting a tray in the enclosure, i find mine are like cats and have a bit of a scratch in it before doing their business. I find them more entertaining than any other pet i have owned.

When they bite do they just play or rip out decent chunks?

pretty much just play, if you hurt them they (adults) can easily break bone in defense, but most of the nips i have had i would put on par with a rough kitten

lol thanks, do you mean smart compared to the reptiles you keep? i own a black cockatoo so my standards of a 'smart' animal may be higher then yours LOL

pretty much just play, if you hurt them they (adults) can easily break bone in defense, but most of the nips i have had i would put on par with a rough kitten

Cool, but i wouldnt use an iron on a weasel, in that case wouldnt the kitten be below par? :lol: (i dont play golf im hoping that makes sense?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back