Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like an article on the differences between animals of the same species found in different locations, this could focus on a single species like bhps or try to cover lots in the one go.

I would like to see something on enclosures... different ways to set them up for animals with different needs plus ways to make them look great.

Also something on different turtles as they are a very popular pet. Has this already been in an issue? I'm very interested in learning more about Eastern Long Neck Turtles.

An issue on how to keep supply of magazines up ;)

I would like to see a reasonably indepth article on the evolution of Australian snakes, specifically pythons.

- turtle keeping, both pond and aquarium PICCIES!!!!!

- disease, OPMV, Adenovirus, etc.

personally, no to... skaarfing and hyrbids, is touchy, debatable and both veiws will be extremes. (all though the imformation would be good) breeding beardies, SEARCH google. and for pics of their enclosures, search google, or beardie forums!!

ok well every one get your wanted articals in i will be calculating either tonight or tomorrow for whats going in the poll

ok well every one get your wanted articals in i will be calculating either tonight or tomorrow for whats going in the poll

Being a "peoples choice issue" i reckon you should wait a few days before making a poll mate.... only like 14 people have given u ideas.... im sure plenty of more people will have some good suggestions... i reckon wait a few days till this thread has about 5 or more pages of ideas :p

I would like to see a artical on Anteresia, how they compare to each other, housing and breeding..

Cheers
Bill.

Maybe some profiles of various reptile parks &/or zoo's with a high reptile count from around Australia.
More good herping trip pics.

I don't think people should be saying 'no' to people's ideas just yet... i mean sure you can do a search for some stuff, but things like beardies are so popular i'm sure lots of people will get a lot of info from and article and of course the main reason we all love it is to see some gorgeous piccies too! I find it hard to sort through internet rubbish personally.

Being a "peoples choice issue" i reckon you should wait a few days before making a poll mate.... only like 14 people have given u ideas.... im sure plenty of more people will have some good suggestions... i reckon wait a few days till this thread has about 5 or more pages of ideas :p

I would like to see a artical on Anteresia, how they compare to each other, housing and breeding..

Cheers
Bill.

alright, Friday

hahahaha you wished for more replies, granted but theyre bogus ones that have nothing to do with the thread............. :lol:

1) Maybe an in depth article on breeding (2 part thing? similar to the feeding article was by sdaji), one week on snakes from pythons to elapids and the next week on lizards from geckoes through to monitors...I know tere is heaps of different species etc but like an in depth article on general practices from feeding up to cooling to hatching etc...

2) Maybe also a section every month on DIY/homemade stuff eg like a car mags "tech section"...one issue wooden enclosures, next rock backgrounds etc etc or same but each issue a different "style" of enclosure setup, eg one issue "how to setup a beardie enclosure, next a bhp enclosure, next a bluetongue enclosure etc etc...

3) article on explaining in depth of like genus, species etc etc and like specific differences in diff species or sub species and genuses etc etc... eg rather than like basic diff between like *****reni and stimsoni, i mean like in depth (different scale shape, if there is any) etc etc

4) article on how to get into "herpotology" (sp?) or "reptile" related industries...

5) In depth stuff about anatomy, eg digestive nervous skeletal muscular reproductive systems venom and how they work

6) A breeding your own food tutorial for mice/rats, roaches, crix, mealies etc etc

7) an article each issue on well know herpers and how they started out, what exactly they are "known" for etc...

ok, thats enough for me...sorry, but my brain just started running crazy on things to put in...Maybe i should work for the mag!!! any jobs going??? lol

Regards...
Ash...

I like the idea about putting in articles about the controversial topics such as hybrids and powerfeeding. I wouldn't suggest they were written along the lines of "Why this is wrong" or "Why this is right", rather, taking a cold look at it for what it is, examining the situation without bias and letting the reader decide. I think they'd be brilliant. Still controversial, but that would make them fun :)

There are some great ideas here, I like the idea of a 'peoples' choice' edition.

I like the idea of #6. When I started breeding rats a lot of people said 'you just put a male and a female in together, then voila! you have baby rats'. It's really not that simple though. So, not only how to breed rats, but how many adult rats you need to feed a certain number of snakes.

thanks john, i was thinking of it and i thought i would suggest it. i think they would be fun , i think alot of peiople would.

lets keep them ideas comming if your i deas were mention, say them again so that there are added up, ad are able to make it to the poll

Yeah the breeding beardies and also one on breeding your own food too, that's a great idea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back