Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how about bredli pythons idont think reptiles aus has covered this species and the hypo form is becoming so popular check out SXRs prices and waiting list..Also no medium incubation techniques would be useful.
cant wait for new issue!

I love the DIY idea.... However, (I know we're not supposed to be saying 'no' to anything)... i think there's a strong chance that won't be possible. So many people depend on building snake enclosures and rock walls for a living, it probably would be a bit damaging to their businesses to have every man and his dog with the same skills they live off. Especially as many pay to have their ads in reptiles australia anyway.

This is a great idea though. I agree with sdaji and anyone else who said hybrid/scaarfing articles would be good. It wouldn't be like it turns out here on an amatuer discussion board where people can throw insults around like they're candy. A proffessional author could write about the implications of power feeding and hybridization.

For example, all the negative impacts hybridization could have on the environment. Many people aren't aware and it would be good to provide a source of education for them. Same with scaarfing... i was told this leads to egg binding in females.. it would be great for a proffesional author/herptologist to write about these issues with some intelligence whilst allowing readers to decide whether they want to go ahead with the activity. No 'this is right' 'this is wrong' just 'this could happen'....

keeping, breeding and caring for BHP's and all info on them

and some enclosures and info about keeping salt and freshwater crocs

ok, i don't have 2.
1) keeping and breeding legless lizards (as suggested)
2) herping tips (as suggested)
3) keeping and breeding golden tail geckos
4) what reptiles can be housed to gether in pits
5) how to build a safe pit
6) keeping tree snakes (common ones)
7) getting reptiles eg burtons legless lizards weand onto mice

sorry if i have mentioned any said, could be bothered to read all.

Luke

more book reviews would be nice. a listing of the differing laws between states, or at least some info on where to find such things, keeping scorpions and centipedes- maybe a whole invert issue, even tho i know it is reptiles australia, they have done invert articles in the past

come on keep em comming if you have mention something but want to mention more please keep them comming

the differences in some species like: the difference between EWD's and GWD's? or the difference between stimsons, *****rens and spotted pythons? or which is the best out of the morelia spilota group?
and it would be good to see which is rated better out of the same species

what about this 1] Which snakes will cohabit and how to introduce them. 2] Road tests between popular types of lizard eg. blueys, beardies etc good points and bad, [as was done with aussie pythons in vol3 iss3.] 3] Incubation methods for different reptiles 4] some froggy info.

Well since breeding season is upon us how about methods of keeping newly purchased snakes quarantined from the rest of your collection and what sort of things you should be doing when you first get a new snake like worming, checking for mites, retained sheds etc.

With regard to the quarantine i mean more along the lines of good husbandry eg disinfection of their cages, how long you average reptile enthusiast should be keeping animals quarantined for etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back