Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that red backs are breeding with Daddy long-legs and creating a super potent spider hybrid....

I always thought Broad Headed Snakes were some Diamond cross...... hehe

if it had happened you would think the greater reptile community would be some of the 1st to know it.
If it hasnt been done in america it cant be done!;)

you watch to much television.
you should be more proud to be australian, check this link out, if you can't be bothered then i'll fast track you.
2 AUSTRALIAN scientists were awarded a nobel prize for medicine.
I am aware that it has nothing to do with herps, but it really annoys me when people put america on a pedestal.

obviously our confident 15 yr old has been flip flammed. what a shame... pretty funny tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that red backs are breeding with Daddy long-legs and creating a super potent spider hybrid....

Don't speak too soon...

dll.jpg

you should be more proud to be australian, check this link out, if you can't be bothered then i'll fast track you.
I am aware that it has nothing to do with herps, but it really annoys me when people put america on a pedestal.

obviously our confident 15 yr old has been flip flammed. what a shame... pretty funny tho.

I think she was referring to the enthusiasm the Yanks have for hybrids and having a little dig rather then talking about their scientific prowess.

I think she was referring to the enthusiasm the Yanks have for hybrids and having a little dig rather then talking about their scientific prowess.
Thats right, not keen on american snake breeding.
What i meant was if it were possible, they would have at least tried it by now;)
PS Note winking smily face

Perhaps the wink at the end of the quote might have meant something?

<snip> I was going to make a thread myself about it as I am really curious to know if anyone else knows about this apparent SA breeder that died 36yrs ago etc etc.... As I would think it would have been BIG news back then... I may still make a thread, but see how this goes...

Is this the breader that then bred the ven-python with a zebra finch to add wings?? I think I remember the chap... ;)

oh well. Looks like my red belly x albino olive is up s.:) creek.
Would have been cool though. Red & white snake. Lol.

Is this the breader that then bred the ven-python with a zebra finch to add wings?? I think I remember the chap... ;)

No idea, must have done it just before he got bitten by the ven python before the clutch of them were hatched and hence the neglect killed the offspring???

But seriously if anyone heard the same story (of this Italian SA Breeder that died 36yrs ago from a <ven> carpet bite)...let me know, as I would love to show this old bat that a whole reptile community is against her amongst other things...i.e. science etc etc...

Hah! SO many people who don't know reptiles think this is true and are killing countless amounts of harmless snakes because of it, I seriously think it should be put on the news or make a doco about it on every channel at the same time saying that it is not possible and why so they stop doing it! I'm dreaming I know, but it would be nice if it could happen, as it really ***** me how many idiotic people there are like it!

Yeah, the myths that come with snakes are ridiculous. My dad usually asks me for conformation about stories he's heard from pub/work mates. And he usually sides with me as well. Excpt for when apparently one of his mates were 'Chased by a king brown for 3 km's' Until I assured him that his friend identifying it as a king brown pretty much proves hes making up a good story, because stupid bogans think its more credible to be 'chased' by a KING brown opposed to jst a silly eastern brown:p I then further explained his friend was full of crap, due to snakes horrible sight, and the lactic acid build up would be ridiculous to keep up with a human for 3 km's. etc etc. But he diidnt care, his mate told him, thats' more credible then someone who cares for/studies reptiles:)
Ben.

hey i knew it wasnt true but my mate insisted it was so i put it on here to show him how everyone will be like no thats impossible and i think the count is at about 20 (it impossible). so to my mate. sorry you were wrong. btw TOLD YA HAHAHA:lol:

its like that ridiculous story i keep getting when i tell people about my snake about how this girl have a snake and she would sleep with it in the bed and then one night she caught it looking all flat and laying next to her straight as a board right. so in concern for her snake she call her local vet and he tells her to get out of the house because the snake is "sizing" her up to see if i can eat her. *** mate how can sombody even an uneducate person believe that trash.

I can't understand why somebody start topic like this.
Only possible answer is that poster is 5 years old.

Thats a load of crap.Diamonds and carpets interbreed down there but not browns

The guys at the Queensland Museum would be very interested in a specimen (dead or alive) of this so called venomous python and in fact it would be worth a considerable amount of money. ...but .....alas ....no one has ever come forward with the concrete evidence...tell the fabricators that....they will shut up for a while ...possibly
Cheers
Sandee :)

Thats a load of crap.Diamonds and carpets interbreed down there but not browns

Errr.... You're kidding right?:rolleyes:
1. Diamonds and carpets are both NON-Venomous
2. Diamonds and carpets are both of the family Pythonidae/Boidae
3. Diamonds Scientific name: Morelia spilota spilota and a carpets scientific name is any of the following: Morelia spilota bredli, Morelia spilota cheynei, Morelia spilota imbricata, Morelia spilota mcdowelli, Morelia spilota metcalfei, Morelia spilota variegata......ALL/BOTH of the SAME genus and species, just different SUB-species....NOT different Families like vens and pythons...
4. If you are referring to Port macs, they are a natural INTERGRADE, not a "man-made" cross/hybrid...
5. Browns are venomous, and if you were meaning browns dont breed with diamonds or carpets, then that would be the only correct thing you've said so far... This thread is about VENS breeding with NON-VENS, not non-vens with non-vens...As we already know that non-vens and non-vens can be crossed to a degree ESPECIALLY ones of the same genus and species!

Sorry if I read your post the wrong way, it IS afterall a fair bit ambiguous/vague i.e. not addressing anyone in particular or saying WHAT exactly is a load of crap....And also down where???:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back