Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he really was killed by a snake, it wasnt a carpet, I know how crap some people are at i.ding snakes.
One guy took home a "Carpet" for his young son he found on the road, which bit his son, next thing his son is in a critical condition from a Stephen's Banded bite...

One guy took home a "Carpet" for his young son he found on the road, which bit his son, next thing his son is in a critical condition from a Stephen's Banded bite...

Ive heard a very similar account, except the Carpet was a Bandy Bandy, give to a young boy.
It was later confirmed at hospital by a well known herper to be a Stephens.

I've also heard of a 'diamond' putting someone in serious trouble, turned out to be a broadhead.

Don't believe everything people tell you or you read in the news paper.[/QUOTE]

i can't agree with this more. many falsified stories have come from papers that tell some ridiculous story from some1 elses mouth or a half story the public spins outa proportion

Bit like a friend of ours telling us that a mate at the pub knew of a '28foot diamond python'....argued black and blue that it was true.....:rolleyes:

wasn't a really big scrubby he saw one night drunk...... i here them get called diamond pythons up north alot by the general public

Errr.... You're kidding right?:rolleyes:
1. Diamonds and carpets are both NON-Venomous
2. Diamonds and carpets are both of the family Pythonidae/Boidae
3. Diamonds Scientific name: Morelia spilota spilota and a carpets scientific name is any of the following: Morelia spilota bredli, Morelia spilota cheynei, Morelia spilota imbricata, Morelia spilota mcdowelli, Morelia spilota metcalfei, Morelia spilota variegata......ALL/BOTH of the SAME genus and species, just different SUB-species....NOT different Families like vens and pythons...
4. If you are referring to Port macs, they are a natural INTERGRADE, not a "man-made" cross/hybrid...
5. Browns are venomous, and if you were meaning browns dont breed with diamonds or carpets, then that would be the only correct thing you've said so far... This thread is about VENS breeding with NON-VENS, not non-vens with non-vens...As we already know that non-vens and non-vens can be crossed to a degree ESPECIALLY ones of the same genus and species!

Sorry if I read your post the wrong way, it IS afterall a fair bit ambiguous/vague i.e. not addressing anyone in particular or saying WHAT exactly is a load of crap....And also down where???:?

simple it comes down to cromosones..... can't cross a kangaroo with a potaroo, or man with a gorilla..... it's genetically impossible.... maybe in 50years when man becomes more like god then maybe

i had an old lady from Balina last week tell me that a well known snake catcher on the Gold Coast told her that browns are breeding with GTS's

ok.. you make NO sence to me... you say in your opinion HE ISNT LYING but thenn you say you dont believe its true... well its one or the other...

lol ive heard a story like this

when i told a lady once i was into snakes she told me how she had carpet snakes living in her house which didn't bother her but then she had to get them removed as someone told her they had been breeding with the redbacks lol

i could help myself from laughing

simple it comes down to cromosones..... can't cross a kangaroo with a potaroo, or man with a gorilla..... it's genetically impossible.... maybe in 50years when man becomes more like god then maybe

I know this, that is what I was trying to say...I was stating some facts for jcbrisbane or whoever it was... i.e. fact number 1. blah blah blah, 2., etc etc... Sorry I didn't put "Fact Number ..." for you... I wasn't asking how it was not possible I was saying/explaining how it wasn't and asking who he/she was directing their abuse at...etc etc...

If you read my other posts in this thread, you would know that I am not stupid and I have used similar examples in explaining to other non-believers... you would also see in my sig, that I am studying science, animals and everything to do with them at University, so I understand the science and genetics etc that goes with it all also....Plus Yr 11 and 12 biology teaches you this to a degree anyways even if I wasn't doing uni....

Sorry you misinterpreted/misunderstood what I was trying to say... I may well have done the same with yours i.e. you were agreeing with me and adding more to it?

the snake myths will continue on , I think alot started by adults to scare their children ,but as with any "story" people like to jazz it up to make it more exciting .....

I have been hearing this crap for about 30 years, the first time when I was bitten by a wild coastal ( "you do know that they are cross breeding with tiger snakes?"). Normally I ignore but if I am in the mood I ask for proof and why they don't have specimens in the museum. Arguments quickly follow.

Normally I ignore but if I am in the mood I ask for proof and why they don't have specimens in the museum. Arguments quickly follow.

Haha same thing happened here...Luckily we both had to start work, so it couldn't go any further, otherwise it would have got real nasty real quick, as she was swearing black and blue!

I know this, that is what I was trying to say...I was stating some facts for jcbrisbane or whoever it was... i.e. fact number 1. blah blah blah, 2., etc etc... Sorry I didn't put "Fact Number ..." for you... I wasn't asking how it was not possible I was saying/explaining how it wasn't and asking who he/she was directing their abuse at...etc etc...

If you read my other posts in this thread, you would know that I am not stupid and I have used similar examples in explaining to other non-believers... you would also see in my sig, that I am studying science, animals and everything to do with them at University, so I understand the science and genetics etc that goes with it all also....Plus Yr 11 and 12 biology teaches you this to a degree anyways even if I wasn't doing uni....

Sorry you misinterpreted/misunderstood what I was trying to say... I may well have done the same with yours i.e. you were agreeing with me and adding more to it?

yeah i got it i just gave ya 1 more fact to put in, wasn't having a dig at ya, i respect those that go to uni to learn more as much as i respect the genuine enthousiast. unless the uni grad gets to hot cocked for thier own benifit... wich you haven't done.... but in nearly all your post you go on about being a uni student, wich is fine that you are but no need to keep saying it.
as said before alls good just helpin your argument. i've found my statement to work well to cos it confuses f*$@ out of them, and no one had put it simple yet in the threads... nothing a lil high school biology doesn't hurt anyone lol

one of my mums freinds dad got bitten by a carpet snake when he whent to pull out the dip stick of the oil in the car. he is a very old man in his late 80s i think and after he got bitten i swelled up bad and he spent three days in hospital. i when and saw him two days ago in hospital. maybe someone got bitten and it got infected from the bateria and had a weak imunne system and that could be why the guy died. then some guy made up the part that it was a brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back