A Recommendation....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swingonthespiral

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all...

As some of you may know i went on a romantic weekend trip to Malanda in the Atherton Tablelands...

I just wanted to highly recommend the place we stayed at which was Riversedge Retreat in Malanda (well approx 5mins out).... we stayed in the Cooinda Lodge which was a private house on 6 acres with 3 bedrooms a full kitchen open plan with a fireplace, an 'open ensuite' which was basically like you are showering anf taking a spa in the rainforest as the whole bathroom wall was glass (kinky lol)...

They also supplied us with milk bread all kitchen utensils, a bottle of port (yep its all gone lol) a hammick, canoe (which is how i dislocated my thumb so you should all appreciate how long its taken me to type this lol), a BBQ (with built in environmentally friendly possum cleaning lol) a massive verandah.... i forgot to mention that this lodge is on poles.... with a gorgeous view and ur own private part of the river which is home ot many water dragons as well as pademelons, all sorts of birds etc....

This was truly a beautiful and relaxing weekend in the tablelands and it was nice to go to sleep to the sound of birds and the wind rusling through the trees rather than the sound of cars and the next door neighbours teething kids....

So for any of you planning a holiday i strongly recommend this place as it was just so stunning and peaceful... and if i actually ventured out of the lodge i may have even caught a glimpse of a Jungle Python.... well maybe lol...

if anyone wants details or photos dont hesitate to pm me....

Ahhh if only i lived there ;) ...

Cheers
Cass

This post has been approved by Administration.

ok here are some pics..... and no those 'special' pics arent on here lol i dont want ot get banned forever lol....

There is a pic of the back verandah where you can set up the hammick anywhere you like.

The fully equiped kitchen (note that the port in the corner is now GONE lol)

The kinky all glass bathroom.... a pic of the spa.

The fireplace with SHAGpile rug.... ;)

The bedroom.... that top window is in all the rooms so u can see the trees which is very nice...

there are some more coming....

Attachments

• Verandah.JPG
    Verandah.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 80
  • kitchen.JPG
    kitchen.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 61
  • spabath.JPG
    spabath.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
  • fireplace.JPG
    fireplace.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 68
  • bedroom.JPG
    bedroom.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 74
also some of the views from the verandah and the water hole.... and the canoe with my very spunky other half andy lol....

Attachments

• mistyview.JPG
    mistyview.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 68
  • view1.JPG
    view1.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 67
  • waterhole.JPG
    waterhole.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 70
  • waterholestump.JPG
    waterholestump.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 51
  • andycanoe.JPG
    andycanoe.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 95
sounds like the perfect dirty weekend destination,...

...no wonder u didnt make it outside,..!! ; )

What a nice place!
You must have had a great time
;);)

Looks great, do you know how much it would cost for 7 and 14 days?

I just wanted to highly recommend the place we stayed at which was Riversedge Retreat in Malanda (well approx 5mins out).... we stayed in the Cooinda Lodge which was a private house on 6 acres with 3 bedrooms a full kitchen open plan with a fireplace, an 'open ensuite' which was basically like you are showering anf taking a spa in the rainforest as the whole bathroom wall was glass (kinky lol)...
So for any of you planning a holiday i strongly recommend this place as it was just so stunning and peaceful... and if i actually ventured out of the lodge i may have even caught a glimpse of a Jungle Python.... well maybe lol...if anyone wants details or photos dont hesitate to pm me....
Ahhh if only i lived there ;) ...
Cheers
Cass.

Thanx for the great photos and the description, sounds wonderful! I will see if I can find anything about it on the web...you just never know..we LOVE romantic holidays! :D

Cheers, Judy (aka herpTarder)

yep its a great price and it was ten times better than what i had expected... and we were left alone the whole time ;) ..... they do deals for off season and stuff too.... I WANNA GO BACK!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back