Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, theyre awesome photos!

i think they look stunning, but wouldnt keep an animal i cant handle,...

they are so beautiful
would love to one day own something that beautiful.
: )

Stunning!!!!! Great photos Sdaji.

I would love to keep something so beautiful.. but to be perfectly honest... I'm too chicken.

I can understand keeping animals you can't handle.. I had oscars for years. I have a jungle at the moment that seems to think people are food.. but I wouldn't get rid of her for anything.

You take beautiful pics Sdaji & your really lucky to keep such stunners:) Death Adders are the snakes I dream about being able to keep one day when my little tribe all grow up & move out, there is something about them that is just so appealing to me but I can understand the fear of them because they do look quite scarey:)

they are great pics of sdaji's but they dont do them justice i have seen them at his house and they are just stunning way better than the pics show

Death Adders have the most amazing shaped head of any snake I've seen.
I don't think I would get one but I think they are beautiful.

Fishie

Obviously you haven't been up close and personal with a death adder
You're missing something so absolutely awesome and appealling

Adders demand respect and admiration they are one of natures masterpieces

Last edited:
I know I have said it before Sdaji, but your camera skills make me very envious.
Great looking critters, I will have to get you some pyrrhus.

I would love to own an adder. However, having six children with sometimes the mentality of a dead sloth it is not possible at the moment. Once they grow up and leave home however .... :p I like the look, the traits and the colors. Down the track I can see myself being licensed and owning at least one.

Thanks for your compliments, everyone :) I love these snakes and I'm glad others can enjoy the pictures.

It's surprising to hear someone say that they can't understand the appeal of Death Adders. Almost every visitor to the house is extremely keen to see Death Adders. As much as I love the Adders I never make the suggestion of bringing them out, I never offer, but by far they're what almost everyone most wants to see. A couple of months ago I had a visitor who was more interested in seeing Water Pythons! It was a very special and unusual day! :lol:

The appeal of Death Adders really can't be delivered in photographs, their personalities (snakenalities?) really appeal to me, they vary a lot between races and individuals. Most really do have natures which I would describe as "sweet". I wish they had a friendlier-sounding name. It's such a shame more people can't have the opportunity to enjoy them.

I know I have said it before Sdaji, but your camera skills make me very envious.
Great looking critters, I will have to get you some pyrrhus.

And I'm still shooting with a cheap little piece of garbage compact camera! :lol: If you want to send Death Adders my way I will certainly not say no! I imagine yours would be locality pure too... *drool* :) I've avoided the pyrrhus until now because they're a bit more finicky than the others, although I'm sure they vary a lot between populations. Some of the central Australian ones will throw up furred rodents and have babies which are stubborn little things with their first meals. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the WA ones were a bit different. I know praelongus are reknown for having stubborn babies, but I have some which are born as brilliant feeders.

Come on mate, your "cheap compact" camera can't be that bad... the pics speak for themselves :p

I should probably make some really lame pun joke about Adders being aLUREing, or 'they are so cool they just lure you in".

Okay, maybe I shouldn't, but all the same, the lures are very cool. I love the different lure colours and the way different types of Adders move them differently. I still haven't decided what lure colour I like most, I probably won't be able to.

Jaysonlurey.jpg

DAMMIT SDAJI stop it ! i haven't got upgraded license yet and can't seem to get to the bottom of this puddle of drool on my desk.

DAMMIT SDAJI stop it ! i haven't got upgraded license yet and can't seem to get to the bottom of this puddle of drool on my desk.

Don't worry, Adders are stupid! Why would ANYone want one? ;)

Nice pics sdaji. i have to agree that they are one of the best looking snakes. somehow i don't think the missus would like me bringing one home.

Now make with childreni photo's sdaji :)

Ozzie: Children's! Another of my favourites! :lol:

Bung-Eye: bredli? Now there's a snake I can't bring myself to appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back