Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 quick question, someone has once told me they breed live young, is that true? and the eat other snakes? and are immune to some of our venemous snakes?

Yes they can be canabilistic, but whoever told you that they produce live young is completely wrong.

re The

Heres a few bhps,pics are from last year,they dont look a whole lot different now,

Last edited:
Some pics of my girl, "Jo-jo"

P1010689.jpg

P1010661.jpg

P1010660.jpg

Gotta love BHP's. IMO the best looking aussie snake. Can't wait to get a nice male and try breeding.

oh ok thx for clearing that up....whats the price differences between a qld one and a wa one?

depends on were you get them from, if your looking for a top line animal (like an ochre or gold line) then you'd pay top doller.

but the average qld vs average wa tends to be a fair price margine(probably around double the price?), correct me if im wrong anyone?

Some of mine

Attachments

• 018[1].JPG
    018[1].JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Boondie my blackheaded python 005.jpg
    Boondie my blackheaded python 005.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Boondie my blackheaded python 008.jpg
    Boondie my blackheaded python 008.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 100
depends on were you get them from, if your looking for a top line animal (like an ochre or gold line) then you'd pay top doller.

but the average qld vs average wa tends to be a fair price margine(probably around double the price?), correct me if im wrong anyone?
WA blackheads go for anything between $1200-$1800 roughly

bhp

2 year old qld bhp:

Attachments

• Copy of DSC05028.JPG
    Copy of DSC05028.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Copy of DSC05286.JPG
    Copy of DSC05286.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Copy of DSC05535.JPG
    Copy of DSC05535.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 71
Here is my boy chowing down on a 380gram rat, He i about 9 /2 to10foot long and dam heavy. I only got him late last year from an APS member and he is so placid where as my female kocked 1 of my teeth out
RIMG0074.jpg

BHP"s are cool snakes. We came very close to getting one but didn't for a couple reasons, but are on the list.

i've got a few bhp's on order. Can't wait to get them.
Axanthic and het
Hanging for albino's

Beautiful looking female MrKIte.how is her temperment? & ur right about the best looking python:lol:

Thanks Coopsta. Her temprement is ok. Once shes out, she handles very well, and would never bite, but like alot of BHP she is very protective of her area, and will jump at me a little bit when trying to pick her up. Its only huf and puff type behaviour though.

Feeding time is quite an ordeal though. She wont strike and grab her food like most pythons, she will just start making crude jabs at it with her mouth, not holding on. she goes completely balistic, launching herself every which way, including into the glass. So i just have to leave her rat in the tank, and she will only collect it after she is completely alone.

But all said and done, shes a good snake. Still only a little over a year old, so she will probably settle down a bit more as she gets older.

These are our Beautiful BHP

Attachments

• BHPFEM.jpg
    BHPFEM.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 125
  • BHPMALE.jpg
    BHPMALE.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back