Female woma is about to drop a clutch ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mould is a problem because of bad eggs.Healthy eggs don't get mouldy.

That is true. I spoke to a keeper and they said the same thing. He said if they develop mould it indicates the egg is not in good shape, for whatever reason, whether that is genetic (infertile, defective), or environmental (condensation, too hot or cold, too humid).

The eggs might have gone bad because condensation had definitely dripped on those particular eggs. I since rectified that problem and there is no more condensation dripping on any eggs, but it was too late for those particular eggs and unfortunately they could not be saved.

I am pretty sure the rest will hatch without any trouble. Fingers crossed.

Well, it's now a good bit past the half way point. Counting down from the 17th October, that would be a few days off 6 weeks.

At the 8 week mark I would be expecting them to hatch over the following week or so beyond that.

One of the eggs looks like it has really caved in, it was the smallest egg, and was probably not destined to hatch. We'll wait and see about that one.
The rest of them look good at this stage.

16th December...they were laid on the 17th October...

I should see the hatchlings pipping at any moment now. It's day 60.

By Friday at the latest...that would be day 63...which is a long time for woma eggs considering they normally hatch between 55 and 60 days.

Fingers crossed for you all is ok, would love to see some piccies when they show their faces.

They've all hatched and in their own tubs. I can't believe how successful this first attempt at hatching womas has been.

I'm very happy with what I have produced. Each of them have their own personalities...

Congratulations Ben, I thought you would have worried them to death but your close attention paid off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back