Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the last one being a touch out of focus they are great pics. Whoever took those pics should be charging $ for them.

I think the last pic is of a jungle, if so I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see that people out there are open to designer snakes. To my knowledge the animals in the 2nd and 4th photo's parents originate from the Murray Falls area, they were bred togrther and prodeced reduced pattern offspring that were held back, these were then crossed over a lemon coloured hypoish coastal, producing the 2nd and 4th. Most of the clutch look like these. The first is crossed with a B&W jungle i think. The striped is a Palmerston type. I think that's right, but I didn't write it all down
Will try and get pics of some of the other siblings soon

At least albinos are pure, I would rather people breeding them than hybrids.
True, but you can't always get what you want. Be it for good or bad, chances are your going to start seeing these hybrids more and more. Some people will buy them with no intentions of breeding them, others will buy them to breed and experiment.

Unless the government really cracks down on people breeding hybrids and euthanising any snakes that are crosses then people are just going to ignore the law because the risk is minimal but the gains could be quite considerable.

JMO

At least albinos are pure, I would rather people breeding them than hybrids.

Your argument was that it is illegal to breed hybrids. If you agree to breeding albinos in QLD you're just contradicting your first statement of it being illegal to breed hybrids.

Personally I think they look awesome, although I'd probably only keep one as a pet.

Your argument was that it is illegal to breed hybrids. If you agree to breeding albinos in QLD you're just contradicting your first statement of it being illegal to breed hybrids.

Personally I think they look awesome, although I'd probably only keep one as a pet.

Albino Darwins are not a hybrid, they are a mutation...

Albino Darwins are not a hybrid, they are a mutation...

You've missed the point. She doesn't agree to hybrids because they are illegal, but she does agree to albinos which are illegal in the state she lives in.

In Qld it states that it is illegal to knowingly breed mutations, it's just as illegal to breed albinos as it is to breed hybrids. I agree albinos are a natural occurrance but it's just as illegal

I live in QLD, I can legally own an Albino, (I can also legally own a hybrid) I just can't breed them. However an albino Darwin has the same scientific name as a wild type Darwin, and I have never had to send in a photo of animals I have purchased or bred with any movement advice... So if I inadvertantly bred two hets and the resulting clutch threw out some albino's, I am not liable under any law...

Beautiful looking snakes. I think I would buy one regardless of what the seller described it as. I can't imagine that the price might be inflated by calling it something that it wasn't. They are some of the best morelia hybrids I've seen outside the U.S.
Somebody said I was suffering from jag-envy and would be for a long time. These could be an answer.

Then by that you could say that your woma and carpet must have snuck out of their rooms late one night and got busy without your knowledge, thus resulting in a hybrid. :D I agree, it is very hard to prove your intentions. I suppose thats probably why the laws dealing with hybrids aren't enforced

Unless the government really cracks down on people breeding hybrids and euthanising any snakes that are crosses then people are just going to ignore the law because the risk is minimal but the gains could be quite considerable.

Wow i'm sure glad you aren't in charge of anything, how would they tell if it's pure or not? Anyone with any type of morph or even a port mac "Sorry mate, but your snake doesn't look pure i'm gonna have to put it down".

LOL, another reason the laws aren't enforced, how do you prove a hybrid?

Now everyones open with hypos do you reckon we should come out with our bhp's cross womas and our bredli cross waters now hayden ;)

fantastic

I think they are fantastic
None of these Pythons will ever be released back into the (wild ) So whats the harm.

Stunning animals.

I'm on the fence when it comes to hybrids, but damn, I can't argue with the results. Beautiful.

Thanks for all the good comments, I completely understand the opposing view, but it definately seems as though there is room for all in this hobby. I have pics of some other Carpet and Anteresia projects that I will post in the coming day or so. Some will be of crosses and others are just the result of line breeding.

Yeah, I know that the new article has altered my views on Hybrids. Why not aye?:)
Great looking snakes mate!

As it seems to be the hot topic here are a few lines a mate is working on ,and yes they are crosses.

QldMorelia, exactly what are they please?

I think that if people are going to cross species then they should at least disclose exactly what these crosses are..

for example: a jungle (locale if known) x carpet python (locale if known) instead of just "they are crosses"

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back